Solutions Architect II - Azure
Location: Bristol City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be creating technical solutions for customers, as a Solutions Architect?
Do you enjoy functioning as a subject-matter expert in relation to Azure?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design department is made of two technical teams, each focusing on different areas of IT design. The Architecture team focuses on large complex architecture within big projects, whilst the Infrastructure team focuses on providing SME expertise within a project and dealing with foundational infrastructure work.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Are you looking to make a difference by joining a team that adds significant value through leveraging technical solutions?
As a Solutions Architect focused on Microsoft Azure, you'll be part of the Solutions Design department and also the virtual Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). In this role you'll be the first port of call for enabling customers to use Azure cloud services.
Working autonomously as well as collaboratively, you'll also be responsible for:
- Demonstrating the subject-matter expertise in Azure principles, architecture excellence and the Cloud Adoption Framework
- Developing your skills, expertise, and knowledge in the design of hybrid and cloud-based solutions and architectures
- Producing high quality design documentation (Technical Proposals, HLDs, diagrams, SOWs, etc.) when required
- Working with the Public Cloud Professional Services team and CCoE team, bridging between design and deployment
- Educating, coaching, and training Sales around Azure best practices and help them position the correct architectures
What we need from you
- Either Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or Azure DevOps certifications at expert-level, else the associate-level equivalents
- Consultative skills within presales contexts, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements, and business needs
- Awareness of on-premise infrastructure technologies and how these map to Azure constructs, enabling smooth customer transitions
- Awareness of Serverless technologies and how developers can use these to build scalable robust services/applications
- A commitment to maintain awareness of newly released services and improved capabilities on the Azure platform
- Being able to present complex information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – three days in the office and two days working from home (this team is managed remotely so your time will be dictated by customer demand)
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.