Category Buyer (Microsoft) - Part time
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Category Management Team
The Category Management Team are a strategic layer sitting within the wider Procurement department. We process the highest value customer orders; looking at each deal to ensure we are generating the most GP and reducing any risk to Softcat. We continuously seek to improve the wider procurement processes and build strategies for team training, sales communication, and vendor relationship management.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
As a category buyer aligned to Microsoft you will have specific responsibility for the processing of Microsoft orders and understanding of all aspects of their licensing programmes. Microsoft has been historically and continues to be Softcat's leading vendor. You will be working with internal sales teams, specialists and external suppliers to advise on deals. You will support the category manager to ensure orders are processed accurately and on time to successfully meet target deadlines and guarantee fees are paid.
As Microsoft Category Buyer, you'll be responsible for:
- Processing high value, high impact orders using comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft procurement programmes
- Using comprehensive knowledge of agreements and products to provide expert guidance to Softcat Account Managers and customers on programmes and processes
- Working directly with Microsoft and fostering collaborative relationships to ensure on time targets are met and fees are paid
- Supporting and understanding programme/product/price changes
- Instructing internal Microsoft specialists on operational processes at a high level to expedite urgent orders
What we need from you
- Self-management of workload and time scales is imperative to ensure vendor targets are met by prioritising and placing orders on time
- An in-depth knowledge of all Microsoft programmes and operational processes
- Demonstrable experience working with software & cloud vendors
- Experience within a procurement department is advantageous but not as necessary as programmatic knowledge
- Excellent Excel skills to support with cloud billing and reporting
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.