Software & Cloud Category Buyer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Category Management Team
Category Management are the strategic procurement layer working alongside Order Fulfilment & Strategic Sourcing in the wider Procurement Department. The team support with processing and checking all exceptional deals, monitoring the exchange rate & negotiating with suppliers to support with additional GP generation, analysing the amount of risk associated with orders & mitigating that risk where possible, examining vendor terms & ensuring we flow these through to our customers and investigating new routes to market and how we can scale these for the business.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
You will be a Category Buyer focussed primarily on the vendors; Microsoft, AWS & Google. You will have specific responsibility for the processing of these vendor's orders and understanding of all aspects of their licensing programmes to ensure orders are processed accurately.
As a Software & Cloud Category Buyer, you'll be responsible for:
- Self-management of workload and time scales is imperative to ensure vendor targets are met by prioritising and placing orders on time
- Processing high value, high impact orders using comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft, AWS and Google procurement programmes with a thorough understanding of complex order processes
- Working directly with Microsoft, AWS and Google and fostering collaborative relationships to ensure on time targets are met and fees are paid
- Supporting category manager with programme/product/price changes.
- Instructing internal vendor specialists on operational processes at a high level to expedite urgent orders, to fix customer processing errors, select product combinations and meet contractual responsibilities
We'd love you to have
- Demonstrable experience working with software & cloud vendors
- Experience within a procurement department is advantageous but not necessary
- Excellent Excel skills to support with cloud billing and reporting
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- A self-starter attitude to pro-actively problem solve and advise
- Ability to adapt quickly and retain large quantities of information
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.