Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our IT Operations team
The IT Operations team are responsible for the network and infrastructure supporting Softcat's systems and processes; telephony and collaboration platforms; application support, managing our 3rd party support partners and the Softcat Helpdesk.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Systems Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery and maintenance of Softcat's IT infrastructure, working closely with our Managed Service providers and internal IT teams.
As System Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Managing, maintaining and optimising Softcat's IT infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining high quality technical documentation
- Using your knowledge to identify underlying problems and suggest solutions
- Acting as an escalation point for end user issues relating to the IT infrastructure, working to established service level agreements
- Capturing and providing infrastructure information to IT Operations Management to assist with capacity planning
What we need from you
- Experience working with collaboration platforms, e.g. Microsoft Teams and Slack
- Awareness and understanding of Public Cloud technologies; Azure and AWSWindows Server Experience; Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2022
- Administering and maintaining Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server & Microsoft 365 stack
- Networking experience; DHCP, DNS
- Administration of Citrix environments
- Administering VMWare and Storage platforms
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working - a mixture of working from the office and working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
- We can also offer this role on a part time (4 days per week) basis
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now.
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.