Network & Security Integration Engineer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to work in a service-centred team on the frontline of emerging Cisco technologies?
Do you enjoy functioning in a customer-facing capacity, onboarding new customers?
Join our Service Integration Team
The Service Integration Team are a proficient, fast-paced, and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service by driving innovation, new customer/service introduction and quality deliverables by working with the Services organisation as well as the wider business. Their drive is to ensure everything is built, developed, and accepted into service and transitioned into support & operation with a high degree of confidence, quality, and collaboration so that our Service Desk & Support teams can provide a first-class customer service from the very first day of “go live”.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Are you passionate about developing your skills within the Cisco networking & security domain?
As a Network & Security Integration Engineer, you will be working alongside the Service Integration Team in our Managed Services business to onboard new customers and maintain our existing service platforms. You will also be responsible for providing a capability to support the development and introduction of new/updated services across Softcat's business lines ensuring operational and service quality is maintained as they move into production.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Installing and commissioning of new hardware in support of onboarding customers
- Deploying and configuring of new services supporting new and existing customers and the wider services teams
- Collaborating with other teams, ensuring new customers and new/upgraded services are onboarded seamlessly into active operation
- Acting as a liaison with customers, assisting where appropriate and capturing further information where required
- Delivering efficiencies through best practice whilst ensuring service quality and customer satisfaction remains high
- Agreeing, monitoring and reporting on the quality of the integration delivery; driving through change as needed
What we need from you
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload accordingly, whilst taking accountability for your actions and decisions
- The initiative to keep your skills and knowledge of your technical or professional specialisms up to date
- Subject-matter-expertise within Cisco Networking & Security, incluiding: Firepower, ISE, SDWAN, VMware, Checkpoint, f5, and Allot Netenforcer
- Ability to leverage your expertise, your knowledge of the implications of new technologies and associated developments
- Propensity to keep abreast of changes and developments in technological, procedural, and best-practice frameworks
You will be put through BPSS clearance upon hire (so need to be eligible and willing to undergo that vetting), and need to be eligible and willing to become SC cleared, if required, in the future
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and twodays working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.