Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Cloud Operations team
The Cloud Operations team are a proficient, fast-paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service while assisting industry leading customers in their complex support requirements.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
Your primary aim will be supporting our managed services customer infrastructure in line with customer requirements alongside a small amount of project work to integrate new services for both new and existing customers.
As AWS Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring that AWS incidents, changes service requests and problem records are progressed through to resolution
- Acting as an escalation point within the team from a technical perspective.
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as set by the Support team Manager
- Working alongside our integration and service delivery team to ensure that customers receive a high level of support.
- Attending the Change Advisory Board (CAB), problem review, and service improvement meetings
- Working alongside the Cloud Operations team to cover high priority requests out of hours via an on-call rota.
What we need from you
- Excellent customer service and written skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well within a team
- At least 2 years production experience working with AWS
- Qualifications in AWS – AWS Certified Solutions Architect beneficial
- Experience working with IAC – Terraform, GitHub Enterprise
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure Beneficial
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3/2 days in the office and 3/2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.