Technical Practice Lead - Cyber Security
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of a team that is growing?
Do you enjoy working as part of a devoted, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Professional Services team
Softcat's Professional Services department delivers our customer facing technical solutions. The department consists of a growing team of consultants and engineers specialising in Datacenter, Digital Workspace, Network Security and Platform solutions; dotted all over the UK.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
You will work with the Professional Services Manager to help drive strategy for the department as well as engage with Technical Assurance, Sales and Project Management to support technically on Bids, in flight projects and pre-sales engagements with Softcat's customers.
As Technical Practice Lead - Cyber, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing continual communication, feedback, and guidance to your team and your management
- Managing headcount within your business area and be accountable for the standard and value of recruits
- Providing your team with individual mentoring, coaching, learning and development
- Assisting the Technical Assurance team with technical queries when a consultant is not available.
- Creating a cyber security culture and architecture promoting continuous improvement, innovation and agility in how services are delivered.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for projects, understanding the issues and coordinate appropriate resources from internal resources and/or vendors
- Building relationships with vendors and understand their escalation processes
- Working with Technical Assurance, Sales, PPM and consultants to manage customer expectations on project design and highlight any limitations or risks
- Ensuring accurate and clear documentation is provided to customers on any agreed solution and gain agreement from all parties
What we need from you
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security)
- Knowledge of Cyber operations – threat intelligence, monitoring, detection, digital forensics, incident response
- Leadership and (remote) management of a team
- Problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Strong people and stakeholder management experience
- Collaborative in approach and able to operate independently
- Keep up to date with technological advancements and use this knowledge for the benefit of Softcat
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.