Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Bid Centre Team
Softcat's Bid Centre is responsible for the successful execution of a varied range of Tenders, Bids, ITTs, Proposals, PQQ's and public sector Frameworks.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Enhance & Support our Bid Centre team
This individual will be responsible for producing professional content and assist in formulating new bid content and provide an insight to internal subject matter experts.
As a Bid Writer, you'll be responsible for:
- Drafting initial response for review with key stakeholders and ability to structure responses
- To support Bid managers and manage bid team communication, submission, and formatting
- Assisting the Bid team in developing a successful proposal structure and improvise the existing content
- Proactively developing and managing a network of SME and ability to challenge content and tailor make the bid requirements for the stakeholders
- Delivering completed written proposal responses to the Proposal Manager and escalating issues as requirements
What we need from you
- Previous experience in an administrative or a bid support role would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multiple business areas
- The ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for technology and how it can enable businesses
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.