AWS Solution Specialist
Location: Bristol City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our AWS Team
The AWS Team are responsible for the solution selling of AWS and Softcat's AWS services to our Corporate and Public Sector customers. The team consists of subject matter experts who operate as an overlay to the Softcat account management team, providing the highest level of customer service. As part of a growing team, you will have plenty of opportunity to contribute to improvements in process and efficiency, through innovation and idea sharing. The team is based across multiple locations within the UK and there will be occasional travel to all Softcat locations.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Enable our customers to be successful in AWS
The successful individual will work closely with Softcat account managers to position AWS and Softcat's cloud services portfolio to both corporate and public sector customers.
As an AWS Solution Specialist, you'll be responsible for:
- Articulating the details of Softcat's AWS value proposition to our existing and new customers
- Understanding the business requirements and making recommendations on the next best step for customer success within AWS
- Working closely with Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants and Support Engineers to provide the customer with an end-to-end AWS solution
- Growing your knowledge and understanding of Vendors and marketplace solutions and developing relationships with the technical community within AWS
- Enabling sales to sell AWS to the customers and responsible for delivering training to all sales
What we need from you
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or previous Public Cloud experience is desirable
- Previous experience of working within technology sector across networks, security, datacentre and cloud
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with customers
- The confidence to present in customer meetings, or deliver training sessions
- A desire to continually improve your knowledge and share this with those around you
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.