L2 SIEM Analyst - Shift
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our SIEM team
Our collaborative team protects our customers 24/7 against the growing threat of cyber attacks and cyber terrorism.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Take ownership for keeping our customers secure
As a SIEM Analyst, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in cyber security through dedicated training. You will learn to monitor customer networks and systems to detect, analyse and report on events and threats, whilst you build relationships with our customers to understand their needs and identify effective solutions. This will be a 4 on 4 off shift role, 4 nights on 4 nights off 4 days on 4 days off.
As L1 SIEM Analyst, you'll be responsible for:
- Monitoring our SIEM tool to detect suspicious events and abnormal activities, triage events for criticality
- Providing incident management to our customers through effective monitoring, reporting and technical guidance for successful resolution
- Triaging events through validating suspicious events and incidents by use of open-source and proprietary intelligence feeds
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to onboard customers onto our service which include, deployment, troubleshooting and platform management
- Developing, building and implementing use cases within SIEM to understand customer environment set-up and needs
- Maintaining a high levels of Incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory Customer resolution
What we need from you
- Be willing to learn how to help customers to resolve technical issues
- Demonstrate an interest in Cyber Security
- Be detail orientated and show the ability to take a structured approach to procedures and working instructions
- Have an aptitude for understanding and analysing data for troubleshooting purposes
- Demonstrate the ability to dynamically assess risks, threats & threat actors for new and existing customers
Please note, you'll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you'll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.