Credit Control Support - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Credit Control Team
You will be part of a large team of Credit Controllers. The team's primary function is to collect overdue and outstanding customer debt owed to Softcat, whilst also resolving account queries to ensure a smooth process from point of order to payment of account.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Drive the success of the business
As Credit Control Support, you'll be responsible for:
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with our Customers, Sales teams, and the other admin departments within Softcat
- Chasing and collecting payment of invoices that are owed to Softcat
- You will be required to work on your own, to secure these payments by both telephone and E-mail collection.
- Work closely with both the Sales team and Customer Service team, to help resolve any queries that are bought to your attention by our customers
- Updating our internal systems, to make sure thorough notes are kept on all forms of communication relating to each customer
What we need from you
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build and sustain strong relationships. Effective negotiation skills, working with our customer's Accounts Payable Assistant through to Director level
- Strong planning, organisation and administration skills with use of internal systems and Excel
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Able to negotiate difficult customer queries in a balanced manner
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.