Vendor Alliance Operations Associate - Entry Level
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of a team that enables business growth?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Vendor Alliances Team
The Vendor Alliance team is responsible for the day-to-day relationship, management and engagement of a select number of Softcat's top vendor partners. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth. The team is now forty strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations, providing a service to every function within the organisation. The Vendor Alliance team is fundamental to providing Softcat with the expertise, resource, and relationship base that allows continuous growth from one of our key vendors.
Success. The Softcat Way.
There's a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That's because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
Provide Strategic support to our Vendor Alliance Operations team
The successful candidate will provide strategic support to the Vendor Alliance Operations team driving operational efficiency across all Vendor programmes.
As a Vendor Alliance Operations Associate, you'll be responsible for:
- Providing support to the Vendor Alliance Operations manager with planning and executing of transformational operations projects
- Supporting with the implementation of process standardisation by developing a good understanding of both internal and external vendor processes
- Identifying new areas for improvement and providing support with Vendor MDF (Marketing Development funds)
- Providing regular gap analysis by capturing and monitoring partner statuses, vendor year ends and certification requirements
- Collaborating effectively with key stakeholders and participating in the planning of strategic projects and initiatives
- Striving for continuous improvement by providing valuable feedback
What we need from you
- A passion for technology and how it can enable businesses
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area
- Previous experience in Sales or Vendor based role within the IT sector is desirable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across multiple business areas
- The ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.