Technical Consultant - Azure Data
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to join a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Professional Services team
The department consists of a growing team of sixty consultants and engineers specialising in Datacentre, Networking and Security, End User Computing, Unified Communications, Platform and Public Cloud solutions; dotted all over the UK
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Technical Consultant, you'll join our successful professional services team, responsible for the design and implementation of a range of Azure data platform technologies for Softcat's customers.
As Technical Consultant, you'll be responsible for:
- Taking responsibility for Azure data platform implementation projects for a wide variety of customers
- designing and implementing solutions geared towards Azure data platform technologies such as Data Lake, Synapse, Data Bricks and Data Factory
- Providing specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues
- Supporting our presales efforts by advising our sales force, our customers and gathering requirements
- Ensuring the solution you've delivered is functional, fit for purpose
What we need from you
- Azure Data Engineer Associate certification
- Demonstrable experience in designing and deploying Azure focused solutions
- Strong knowledge of Data Lake, Synapse, Data bricks, Data factory, Python, Devops, SQL, Spark and data modelling
- We require self-motivation, with an on-going desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.