Power Platform Developer
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to function as our go-to for Power Platform subject-matter expertise?
Does the idea of advocacy and championing of Power Platform appeal?
Join our Business Systems Team
They're responsible for the design, delivery, and management of key business applications, working with vendors, partners, and internal stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK's leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you're interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
Does the opportunity to directly affect how we leverage the use of Power Platform across the business excite you?
As a Power Platform Developer we'll look to you to take our existing practices, solutions, and use of technology to the next level. You will work to identify, develop, maintain, and support solutions within the Power Platform environment in accordance with the wider IT strategy, policies, and procedures. There will be involvement with third parties and internal stakeholders to deliver key strategic projects using Power Platform and related technologies. This role will champion the use of these technologies within the business, along with making suggestions for technical modifications to prevent future problems. The role is also responsible for supporting the associated Microsoft 365 technologies alongside the wider IT team and working with other teams within the organisation.
- Developing solutions within the Power Platform environment; managing and maintaining those deployed Power Platform solutions
- Monitoring the health of existing Power Platform solutions
- Providing a point of ownership, serving as the Subject Matter Expert for Power Platform within Softcat
- Producing and maintaining suitable documentation for the Power Platform estate and keeping abreast of changes to relevant technology roadmaps
- Ensuring staff are aware of processes in place to provide governance of the Power Platform Environment
- Supporting staff in their daily usage of Power Platform and collaborating with colleagues on issue resolution
What we need from you
- Demonstrable record of Microsoft Power Platform development experience, passion for its impact on the customer experience
- Hands-on experience with Power Apps and Power Platform technical solutions
- Strong technical proficiency with C#, SQL, .Net, Power Apps, SharePoint, Microsoft DataVerse (CDS), and Power Automate
- Experience in using OOTB connectors for Power Apps and Power Automate, with a solid understanding of the Power Platform governance components
- Ability to work independently in resolving routine and non-routine problems, and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Skilful interpersonal and verbal/written communications, presentations, and problem-solving skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and two days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We're welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.