Solutions Architect II - Datacentre
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be creating technical solutions for customers, across a variety of different vendor stacks?
Do you enjoy functioning as a subject-matter expert in relation to infrastructure-based solutions?
Join our Solutions Design Team
The Solutions Design department is made of two technical teams, each focusing on different areas of IT design. The Architecture team focuses on large complex architecture within big projects, whilst the Infrastructure team focuses on providing SME expertise within a project and dealing with foundational infrastructure work.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Are you looking to make a difference by joining a team that adds significant value through leveraging technical solutions?
As a Solutions Architect, you will work as a member of Solutions Design department to translate a client's business requirements into innovative, thoughtful and well-designed solutions either on premise or via a public or private cloud offering. The role requires demonstrating the skills of a subject matter expert, which means constantly striving to be at the top of your game in the latest technologies and methodologies. Being able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the whole gamut of Solution Design (compute, storage, networking, BC/DR, cloud, virtualisation, management and infrastructure) is a core part of the role.
Working autonomously as well as collaboratively, you'll also be responsible for:
- Producing designs, configurations and input into solutions proposals
- Underwriting and acting as technical design authority for solution designs and proposals
- Working with other Solutions Design specialists, professional services consultants and architects to develop cross-discipline solutions
- Maintaining an accurate and timely updated pipeline and record of work completed through Services CRM systems
- Developing and sharing your knowledge and understanding of your discipline with regards to the latest technology developments
- Working cross-functionally to provide detailed technical information and expertise to assist customers in their business needs
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience of presales and relevant datacentre technologies, such as HPE, Dell, VMware, Pure etc.
- Experience of conducting customer meetings, whiteboarding and documenting solutions
- Ability to understand and ratify technical designs at high level
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- Certifications such as Dell ISM/TA, HPE ATP/ASE/MASE, VMware VCP-DCV etc.) are strongly preferred
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working –three days in the office and two days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.