Train Presentation Coordinator - 13 Month Maternity Cover
Job Type: Full time
To ensure that the units that are reported for Train Presentation issues, including graffitied units, non-operational toilets and environmental issues are recorded and dealt with as rapidly as possible on a 24/7 basis, through liaising with the Engineering Planning Team.
To undertake daily review of the Train Presentation App and inform all depot and siding locations of CET and train servicing requirements that are either overdue or non-operational and require attention.
To ensure that cleaning activities are tracked and recorded and generate the appropriate reports for the Contract Operation and Train Presentation Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that any unit that has no working toilet available is planned back to a toilet servicing location as quickly as possible, through working with the Engineering Planning Team.
- Responsible for ensuring that any reported graffiti is planned back to a facility that has the capabilities to remove the graffiti. The units need to be planned with the cooperation of the Engineering Planning Team
- Ensuring that the Train Presentation App is reviewed every shift and depot and siding lists of work are generated in relation to train servicing activities that are required to be undertaken for each location
- Ensure by communication with all depots and sidings is undertaken to ensure that all planned train servicing activities are undertaken as required.
- Ensure that all train servicing and cleaning activities are recorded by the relevant depots, yard teams and/or operatives to maintain real time train presentation data status.
- Ensure that all units requiring ‘special cleaning’ as identified by the Train Presentation Manager are delivered and cleaned to the identified/required specification. This includes fatality cleaning and specialist toilet cleaning for example.
- Track all train cleaning activities and work with the Engineering Planning Team to deliver heavy clean requirements for depots.
- Generate daily, weekly and periodic data that demonstrates train presentation metrics including; weekly number of non-operational toilets, number of units with graffiti/graffiti removed, units overdue tanking/CET and cleaning activities. Gather any additional supporting information, as requested by the Train Presentation Manager.
- When required interrogate EMS and ‘Genius’ computer based systems as well as other control systems such as CC control. Also, operation of both Intranet and internet systems are key for information transfer.
- Ensure that any new train presentation documentation (RAMS, process maps etc) are uploaded to the SE Wiki on conjunction with the document control process.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Experience in the use of computer based systems such as EMS, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Customer focused with strong business awareness.
- Good statistical analysis skills.
- Ability to produce clear and accurate reports and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and on own initiative.
- Ability to make quick accurate decisions in the interest of the business.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited