Commercial/Projects Finance Business Partner
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking a Commercial/Projects Finance Business Partner to join our team based in London Bridge and are keen to hear from those who have experience of working in a Commercial environment.
You will have responsibility for building budgets and forecasts for the Commercial Department and other projects taking into account current and future business performance, and ensuring consistency with the future strategy of the business.
You will provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information on which to base business decisions, with a focus on business-oriented management reporting.
The Commercial/Projects Finance Business Partner will also improve links between primarily revenue-focused and primarily cost-focused roles within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Team, between the FP&A and Commercial, and Project teams.
There will be an emphasis on working closely with the teams to provide market intelligence and expert analytic review to steer and support marketing, retail and other project decisions.
Additionally, to address the needs of the DfT and other key stakeholders, you will liaise as required on all financial matters relating to product, retail, marketing and project activities.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Substantial experience in a commercial environment including some time spent in an analytical or commercial finance role
- Commercially astute with demonstrable understanding of financial aspects of a business
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting at an operating company level
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both written and oral) at all levels and explain financial issues to a non-financial audience
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and collaboratively as part of a team, contributing to a culture of continuous business improvement
- Ability to influence and solve problems at all levels of the business, influencing decisions beyond the numbers.
- Qualified or part qualified in a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA), or equivalent
- Experience of rail or similar transport / franchise industry
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited