Admin Support 12 month Maternity Cover
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Administration Support to provide an effective administration service to the Engineering function that will maximise the efficiency of Slade Green Depot.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide a confidential administration and secretarial support to all Metro Engineering Managers
- Lead and direct the administration support team and oversee their responsibilities Responsible for the implementation of all Admin Procedures, i.e. discipline, AAW etc Responsible for Internal Control procedures
- Responsible for maintenance and confidentiality of personal files
- Provision of statistical information, and assist with production of the Engineering Period Report Liaise with Recruitment (H.R.) for both internal and external recruitment requirements Minutes at Meetings
- Responsible for producing and controlling the Depot Briefing Procedure Staff welfare and home visits
- Medicals - monitoring of restrictions, referrals for special medicals and ill health severance Control of petty cash / vending machine cash
- Act as point of contact for all staff queries
- Responsible for compiling probationary reports for new entrants within Metro Engineering
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Must be computer literate (Powerpoint, Excel, Access) with good typing skills and have the ability to produce statistical Information including graphs and reports. Must be a good communicator. Basic accounting abilities.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and to deadlines whilst providing accuracy at all times. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all levels.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Must be computer literate, and have the ability to produce statistical information, including graphs and reports.
- At least 3 years experience within a Personnel and Administrative function.
- Must have a good understanding of Company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures.
- Must be financially aware and able to control costs.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited