Service Engineer Level 1
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Working on our fleet as part of a team, you will be responsible for carrying out a range of routine repairs, examination work and first level fault finding as directed by our Production Delivery Engineer. At Southeastern we are dedicated to providing our customers with a reliable transport structure, striving to complete tasks to the required standards and specifications.
You will work 10 hours a day in a roster of 4 days on and 4 days off alternating between days and nights. Typical shifts are 8AM – 6 PM or 6:30 PM – 4:30 AM, with two 15 minutes breaks and a 35 minute lunch break. Ideally you will have your own transport to get to and from your place of work.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Experienced in an engineering discipline (skilled mechanical and/or electrical work).
- NVQ 2 in engineering maintenance, mechanical or equivalent
- Able to carry out first level fault finding and follow schematics and diagrams
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical to engineering standard.
- Previous rolling stock maintenance experience desirable
- Customer focus
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 32 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
SE Trains Limited