Health and Safety SharePoint Project Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
A Fantastic Health & Safety SharePoint Project Manager opportunity has arisen.
This is a key role where you will be required to administer the setup, integration, compliance, and governance of the organisations safety management systems into SharePoint. The role will work cross functionally, focusing on the overall provision, future requirements, build and configuration of SharePoint, ensuring controlled access across elements is enacted and maintained to keep the organisation and its data secure and safe. The role will also liaise with Southeastern staff and external suppliers to ensure changes are carried out in compliance with the IT change and security policies.
You will also be required to administer and support the SharePoint safety systems implementation within the organisation, incorporating the interaction with MS Teams and OneDrive sites. In conjunction with departmental owners, you will ensure that existing sites and new sites are setup, managed and maintained in line with best practice, including the principle of least privilege access.
On top of this, as part of the role you will also administer existing health and safety IT systems, focusing on providing access, restricted access or removing access to components based on Organisational requirements, strategic considerations, secure development requirements or change processes.
This role is a Monday-Friday role with standard office hours and will be hybrid role where you will be based at either our modern Head Office in London Bridge, our Ashford Offices or working from home.
You will have a number of accountabilities and responsibilities in this role, that will include but not be limited to:
- Be accountable for the organisations health and safety SharePoint build, including top level permission settings, to allow business owners to perform the required site specific day to day management.
- Be accountable for the configuration and management across the MS Teams and OneDrive aspects of SharePoint, for the newly built H&S systems.
- Be accountable for the management of integrations with the H&S SharePoint system.
- Be accountable for establishing and administering Southeastern’s existing health and safety management information system (currently “Assure”) to maximise its value to the business, including management of permissions, development of templates, amendment and expansion of the system as required.
- Managing the Southeastern Close Call Reporting system to ensure that close calls can be reported easily and that relevant data is passed across into required systems and processes such that it can be dealt with effectively.
- Acting as GDPR lead for the Safety & Environment team, making sure that all S&E systems are GDPR compliant and that appropriate retention, archiving and deletion arrangements are in place.
- Working with HR and other departments as necessary to implement systems which, so far as is possible, maximise the use of data and avoid the need for double entry (e.g. for lists of current employees produced by HR but used by S&E systems)
- Acting as Document Controller for all Company Standards, developing and maintaining efficient and effective systems for document management, including version control.
- Providing training, coaching and support on S&E software systems as required.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, candidates need to demonstrate the below in their application:
- That you are a logical thinker with a good general level of education, preferably to A level or higher
- You have excellent knowledge and understanding of information and software systems, with extensive experience or a qualification in SharePoint development.
- You have a general interest in health, safety and wellbeing.
- You have good understanding of health and safety requirements and processes.
- You have an IOSH Managing Safety, NEBOSH Certificate or similar H&S qualification or are willing to receive training.
- That you are well organised, with the ability to assimilate information rapidly, including working with novel systems.
- That you have excellent critical, analytical and problem-solving skills, a high level of accuracy and a drive for continuous improvement.
- That you have a proactive approach to work – ability to use your own initiative.
- That you are able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- That you have excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels and across all departments.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited