Control Support Engineer
Location: Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Full time
About the role
Base Location: Transmission Control Centre, Perth
Salary: £55,573 - £71,370 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Transmission Control Support Engineer, the key responsibilities are:
- To ensure that Transmission Control Centre operations has quality business processes in place.
- Improve the control centre and commissioning team processes safety and control room operation.
- To support the development and review of TCC training and support documentation.
- To help support the delivery of transmission projects and maintenance to ensure that the transmission system operates reliably and effectively.
- To act at expert level on new technologies and deliver technical advice/policy to our control team.
- To work across different areas of our industry to investigate and report system events.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An electrical engineering degree or relevant expertise, with a sound knowledge and understanding of electrical power systems and the related operating standards.
- A strong background in high voltage power system operations, planning or control, although other relevant backgrounds will be considered.
- The ability to develop your technical skills and knowledge and use your communication skills to engage with project managers, engineers, stakeholders, and the Electricity System Operator to fulfil the needs of growing network demands.
- The ability to study our operations processes to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
- Enthusiasm and ability to engage with key stakeholders and the skill to challenge at various levels across the industry.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
#LI-Hybrid OR #LI-Onsite