Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
For over 160 years, The Telegraph’s stories, dispatches, interviews, and investigations have set the agenda, sparked debate, and provided generations of readers with a trusted source of news, information, and opinion. Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers, by 2023, a vision we all stand behind. We wouldn’t be one of the world's most successful media organisations without the talent, determination, and creative spirit of our people. As our readers’ needs evolve, it's more important than ever that we recruit original thinkers and innovative individuals who can keep us at the forefront of our industry. That means not only journalists but also marketers, analysts, designers, engineers, and much more.
We want to foster the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion (Fixed) We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business
Role purpose and overview
The Telegraph is looking for an Audience Analyst who can help deliver editorial insight to its newsroom through data analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will help commissioners and publishers enhance newsroom decision making. They would also investigate and explore curiosities through data.
- Support the Lead Editorial Performance Analyst to deliver editorial audience insight and analysis to the newsroom
- Ensure timely generation and delivery of the regular reports to newsroom departments, utilising Adobe Analytics, Google Data Studio or other appropriate tools
- Respond to departmental requests for information around article performance
- Help the company reach its traffic targets and subscriptions goals through the distribution of accurate insight
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting and drive continuous improvement
- Use internal and external data sources to provide competitive analysis for internal benchmarking. Take creative and open-minded approach to incorporating new data sources.
- Educate and champion understanding of the digital analytics across the newsroom
- Improve visibility of audience performance and audience understanding in Editorial
Essential vs desirable skills required for the role
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of Web Analytics tools would be desirable,with preference for experience with Adobe Analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office toolset including Excel, Word,
- PowerPoint or Google equivalents.
- Ability query and manage data in a SQL environment or have the aptitude and desire to develop those skills.
- Some experience with building dashboards and visualisations in Tableau or other visualisation tools with desire to develop.
- Strong Knowledge of Online Analytical techniques and experience of Social and 'Real
- Time' Analytics with a passion for Digital technologies.
- Ability to communicate and to present complex data simply and clearly.
- Ablity to multitask and work under pressure.
- Experience using Google BigQuery advantageous (desirable)
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you
require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware. For more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website