Campaign Planning and Operations Executive
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Innovation team's main purpose is to ensure that all digital campaigns are planned and activated in the most effective way, respecting the readers’ experience and delivering results that matter to clients.
3 best things about the job:
- Talent & Innovation. You will be working with extremely talented and innovative people who are leading important industry changes and recently won the AOP Award for the Product Development team (2021)
- Development opportunity. The Campaign Planner will be heavily involved and will develop a good understanding of different parts of the business, allowing them to choose their area of focus
- The people. We truly are a supportive, inclusive, diverse team. We are constantly learning together and love recognising the good work of each other
Key job responsibilities
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to plan campaigns across all Telegraph’s digital channels in response to briefs
- Liaising with I&A, Sales, Campaign Innovation to build deck/one-pagers with a focus on seasonal events, proactives, etc
- Working with the broader Digital Innovations team to explore opportunities that could drive product innovation and increase monetisation
- Partnering with their Sales buddies to explore the growth potential of their agency patch
- Managing campaigns from start to finish, which includes the booking, set up, optimisations and reporting
- Responsible for reporting and sharing insights and recommendations with the clients. Ensuring results are communicated following the Metrics That Matter initiative
- Ensuring the campaigns deliver as expected and revenue impact due to delivery is minimised
- Understanding of all ad opportunities across all Telegraph’s channels (website, podcasts, newsletters, emails, app, etc)
- Understanding Marketing objectives and metrics and how that translates to activation and optimisation
- Working with 3rd parties on creative briefs, formats tests, troubleshooting
- Communicating efficiently any inventory, product and client challenges
- Team player with a solution-focused and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to manage and maintain performance in a fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritisation, organisational and time management skills
- Process-driven with the ability to set, monitor and support existing workflows
- Ability to innovate and to translate concepts into workable actions
- Energetic, flexible approach, with ability to manage internal relationships, respond to challenges, proactive in identifying new opportunities and taking responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Adapts easily to changes and is resilient
- Able to use Excel and Powerpoint, and Google suite to Intermediate standard
- Experience in account management, marketing or media planning/buying is an advantage
- Experience with Google Ad Manager or other adserver is an advantage
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
The successful candidate will be provided with training on all tools and reports required for the role.
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.