Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 162 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a diverse and discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our journalism is given life across our multi-platform portfolio, including The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph newspapers and their digital version in The Telegraph Edition app. Our content is also distributed on a range of third party platforms including Apple News, Facebook, Snapchat, Google Home and Amazon Alexa. With 25 million UK visitors every month and 90 million browsers globally, our journalism reaches more people than ever before.
Our vision is to pioneer new ways to serve at least 10 million registered customers through quality journalism and experiences, bringing them closer to us and each other. We’ll achieve this with the constant evolution of our journalistic techniques and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s well-informed audience to successfully further diversify into and grow revenue streams from advertising, travel, events, financial services and subscriptions.
For more information on our purpose, beliefs and people values, please visit our corporate site. To see our latest brand campaign visit telegraph.co.uk/wordschosenwell.
Overview and role purpose
The Telegraph Commerce Team leverages the Telegraph’s Editorial content assets by developing retail propositions around them such as tickets, books, puzzles etc. which are all promoted under the Telegraph brand and supported by multi-channel marketing activities.Role purpose.We are looking for an outstanding Designer to join the Commerce team to work alongside the Mid-Weight Designer.
- Art school/University background (BA level or equivalent)
- Positive attitude
- Problem solver
- Team player
- A passion for all things design
As part of the Commerce Design team, you will:
- Turn concepts into working campaigns and marketing materials across print, including inserts,newspaper advertisements and magazine pages, with some work on digital campaigns
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Liaise with other designers and stakeholders to deliver creative requirements.
- Be a skilled designer who pays great attention to execution/craftsmanship
As a Designer for the Commerce team, you demonstrate:
- An outstanding portfolio of projects
- A remarkable understanding of typography, layout, colours, usability and accessibility
- Have a good understanding of the print and digital production process
- Have an eagle eye across all design details, scrutinising the design for quality, consistency, and integrity (e.g. legibility, alignment, double spaces etc.)
- A working knowledge of Adobe CC(In Design, Photoshop,and Illustrator)
- A proactive attitude towards challenges
- The ability to reflect on the design work and assets, the target audience and ensure the work fits the purpose
- A keen eye on current design trends
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong communication skills
- Creative flair
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.