Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the Telegraph
For over 160 years, The Telegraph’s stories, dispatches, interviews, and investigations have set the agenda, sparked debate, and provided generations of readers with a trusted source of news, information, and opinion.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers, by 2023, a vision we all stand behind. We wouldn’t be one of the world's most successful media organisations without the talent, determination, and creative spirit of our people. As our readers’ needs evolve, it's more important than ever that we recruit original thinkers and innovative individuals who can keep us at the forefront of our industry. That means not only journalists but also marketers, analysts, designers, engineers, and much more.
We want to foster the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
Role purpose and overview
The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for driving revenue from our print and online real estate for an allocated portfolio of Financial Services products within agreed KPIs. This will involve collaborating with Performance Marketing, Operations, Tech, and Analytics teams.
You will achieve your targets by tracking the performance of activity across all channels, managing the relationships with your partners and working together to deliver improvements to the customer journey, implement marketing campaigns, and ensure we are offering the right products to the Telegraph customer.
- Product Management - build and manage on and offline assets to drive leads for allocated Financial Solutions products, agree which assets we feature in activity by laying out a month to month plan by partner
- Marketing Strategy - set and communicate the direction and priorities for allocated product lines with the performance marketing team and work with them to deliver the revenue plan
- Reporting - liaise and work with the partner and the internal Analytics team to ensure full visibility on all activity allowing us to maximise all revenue-generating opportunities. Monitor and analyse external sales reports and create/maintain internal reports showing leads and sales/revenue
- Funnel Optimisation - measurement of and planning for all stages of the ‘funnel’ through timely, accurate, and insightful management information from partners for allocated product lines
- Performance - take responsibility for the performance of print and online activity for allocated product lines, monitoring all KPIs, forecasting and tracking revenue, providing weekly and monthly updates, taking action to correct any issues and achieve revenue targets and seeking direction from Senior Trading Manager where appropriate
- Account Management - build and maintain relationships ensuring your partners have regular communication, including QBRs and drive opportunities to grow the value of your portfolio. Where appropriate highlight partner opportunities internally.
- Planning and Prioritising - experience of planning ahead and managing multiple projects to ensuring all agreed media activity is delivered on time
- Multimedia experience with good knowledge of driving and optimising leads from print and digital channels
- Account Management - Demonstrable partner management experience, holding meetings, growing the value of an existing partnership by monitoring performance and delivering actions
- Commercial Acumen - numbers savvy, with a drive to deliver creative solutions to hit revenue targets, and good experience of using financial models for analysis
- Collaborative - confidence working with internal teams and external partners at all levels to ensure the right results for TMG
- Proven experience in a target driven and fast paced environment working to tight deadlines
- Ideally a knowledge/background in Financial Services Industry
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
- Access to formal tech & digital skills training
- Access to LinkedIn learning
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.