Marketing Manager - Subscription
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working alongside the Telegraph Puzzles GM and team, this Marketing Manager role will primarily devise and implement campaigns that will launch and grow Telegraph Puzzles with the goal of building audience and subscription acquisitions. They will also effectively monitor results and optimise in order to ensure campaign objectives are met. This is an exciting opportunity to own and execute the marketing plan across all channels for one of the Telegraph’s key subscription’s products.
- Set the acquisition strategy for Telegraph Puzzles in close collaboration with the Puzzles General Manager and other key stakeholders.
- Briefing campaigns, including objectives and budget, to the Head of Paid Marketing. Working alongside them to set the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel on and offline media campaigns across Paid and Owned platforms.
- Working with internal creative teams to deliver campaigns that effectively communicate the benefits of becoming a Telegraph Puzzles subscriber. Briefing the creative strategy across digital and print, ensuring marketing assets are produced on time and to a best in market standard, aligned to the brand.
- Working closely with the subscription Retention and Engagement and Insights and Analytics teams to ascertain the pricing strategy and which audiences and channels should be targeted. Also ensuring that all relevant acquisition plans have an engagement plan attached in order to drive subscription conversion.
- Presenting plans to senior Editorial and Subscription stakeholders for approval and once approved, ensuring plans are executed on time and within budget.
- Regularly monitor results to optimise, expand and evolve campaigns, presenting results back to stakeholders.
- Initiating test and learn strategies to improve effectiveness of marketing assets.
- Undertaking continuous analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Preparing and updating key documents efficiently and accurately including budget trackers, campaign calendars.
- Working collaboratively with the wider Subscriptions department offering support to marketing activity across all Telegraph Subscription products when required and, as agreed with Head of Marketing and GM of Telegraph Puzzles.
- A proven track record of successfully managing marketing campaigns for a B2C, marketing-led organisation across the full channel mix (some subscription and/or games or puzzles experience preferable but not required)
- Creative with strong copywriting skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent product management and multitasking skills
- Excellent problem solver with the confidence to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals
- Good understanding of the marketing mix
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Ability to analyse campaigns and make recommendations based on data and insight
- A positive can-do attitude and confidence in bringing new and relevant ideas to the table
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and external partners and agencies
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
The successful candidate will be provided with training on all tools and reports required for the role.
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.