Salesforce Manager 12 month FTC
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people, and create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest-performing teams.
Please visit our website for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values. Visit our careers website to learn more about our people and jobs.
About the Role
This is a hands-on Salesforce manager/ product owner role. Your goal is to ensure effective utilisation of our Salesforce/Service Cloud platforms, shape internal business processes to drive efficiency and facilitate an incredible customer experience. You’ll achieve this through strong stakeholder management skills and effective management of the Salesforce team including system administrators and engineers.
Actioning customer data is vital to the Telegraph’s strategic plan to grow to 10m subscribers. This role sits at the heart of enabling this and as such you’ll be a key part in major transformation projects across a breadth of exciting new technologies, allowing you to advance your Salesforce knowledge and learn new skills.
The role offers excellent growth opportunities for anyone keen on working in an agile fashion, developing their technical exposure and being open to working with technology sets to enhance our capabilities and the experiences of our customers.
- The overall lead on management of the Salesforce platform
- Collaboration with multiple teams in order to deliver new products and features to support Telegraph strategy
- Drive business analysis through considering stakeholder needs with a view of the capabilities of the platform.
- Stakeholder and vendor management
- Monitoring and management of the releases and bugfixes
- Backlog prioritisation of feature requests from the business
- Management of the day to day running of Salesforce team including system administors, development engineers and testing engineers,
- Support and continuous improvement within team’s processes and technologies used
- Coordination continuous development, test and Integration of new features.
- Generate product proposition, user stories/value drivers to commercial and tech requirements; determining specifications.
- Project delivery skills in order to manage product backlog, release schedules, prioritisation and processes.
- Business analysis experience with the demonstrable ability to solve complex business problems
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Change management skills and the ability to react quickly and delegate
- Excellent people management skills, and the ability to maintain a close understanding of workloads being distributed and constantly reassessing based on priority.
- Salesforce knowledge
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making
- Worked on Agile projects using Scrum/Kanban
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
- Access to formal tech & digital skills training
- Access to LinkedIn learning
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.