Management Accountant 12 month FTC
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people, and create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest-performing teams.
Please visit our website for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values. Visit our careers website to learn more about our people and jobs.
About the Role
The Management Accountant provides support and guidance to the News Operations and Circulation business areas to help them effectively manage their budgets whilst ensuring integrity of financial information across all relevant cost lines. You’ll provide financial information and reports to the business on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis; provide balance sheet management and cashflow input and flag risks to the business in a timely fashion.
Provide support to Senior Finance Business Partners and relevant business teams in terms of
Weekly / Monthly Reporting
- Produce monthly management accounts, variance analysis and associated reporting
- Investigate variances with the business heads and identify solutions
- Produce weekly forecast update for relevant business areas, providing analysis of any week on week changes
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Balance sheet review & reconciliations
- Ensure invoices are raised in a timely fashion where appropriate
- Provide high-quality financial reporting and information to finance and the business
- Responsible for producing reporting packs as required
- Work to strict deadlines and monthly reporting calendar
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Support the annual budgeting process by working with the business to produce cost and revenue forecasts where appropriate
- Analyse trends and identify variances or anomalies
- Support production of relevant presentations
- Support modelling of outcomes and sensitivities
- Ensure budgeting and forecasting models are utilised effectively and data is communicated to the business for review and ratification
- Liaise with the business to ensure forecast costs and revenues are accurately captured from a year to date perspective as well as a forecast perspective. This links to monthly accounting
- Support annual audit process where required
- Provide data for external reporting where relevant
- This role is varied and is not limited to the above responsibilities. There will be ad-hoc requirements depending on which business area the role is based within.
- This role would be a great fit for a newly-qualified management accountant, CIMA or equivalent
- Proactive approach with desire to succeed
- Strong communication skills
- Confidence and ability to present financial information to a variety of stakeholders
- Collaborative approach to work and relationship building
- Problem solver, curious nature
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Experience of Board/Agresso preferred although not essential
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
- Access to formal tech & digital skills training
- Access to LinkedIn learning
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.