Head of Marketing - 12 Month Contract
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Contract/temp
The Head of Marketing is responsible for the strategic development and implementation of fully integrated marketing campaigns to drive awareness and consideration of the brand, our products and subscriptions. They will also be jointly responsible for hitting the registration and subscription acquisition targets.
In addition to using owned and earned media to drive prospects, the Head of Marketing will work closely with the Head of Paid Marketing to retarget warm audiences and identify opportunities to promote our content to new audiences through paid channels.
They will work closely with other senior stakeholders and our Insight and Analytics team to identify the best quality offers, channels, and audiences to inform the strategy.
The Head of Marketing will have a close working relationship with the other senior stakeholders in the Subscriptions team, the Design team, Insight & Analytics, Product & Tech. The key relationship to develop is with our Editorial team, and to find new and innovative ways to elevate the journalism through our Marketing activity
- Work with the Growth Director, Head of Paid Marketing, and Head of Conversion to develop and lead an integrated registration and subscription acquisition strategy with a customer first approach. Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to align them behind this strategy
- Briefing large scale multichannel campaigns to the design team with kick off meetings with all depts involved to ensure fluid and up to date communication
- Build close working relationships with Senior Editorial stakeholders to identify key opportunities to promote editorial, product, and journalism through a subscriptions lens
- Support the promotion of extension products including Events, Rewards, and Puzzles
- Responsibility for forward planning the marketing calendar ensuring relevant teams are briefed in advance and resource can be allocated accordingly
- Working in collaboration with Insight & Analytics colleagues, ensure there is a robust measurement, reporting, and test and learn strategy approach for all campaigns
- Prioritising campaigns in terms of volume and revenue driving opportunities, managing expectations and delivery
- Manage the Marketing budget, ensuring that we’re always optimising our spend
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends Understand and report on trends and innovative marketing techniques in the industry
- Improve performance of the dept through the analysis of existing business processes,identifying innovative alternatives and recommendations for more effective ways of working
- Nurture and develop your direct line reports and wider team. Set them clear objectives and carry out regular performance conversations with them
- A strategic leader with a proven track record of successfully managing marketing campaigns across the full marketing mix
- A solid understanding of ATL and BTL channels
- Extensive experience in providing creative direction and input in to discussions around brand development and positioning
- Budget/forecasting experience
- Experience managing external agencies(media and creative) and working with senior stakeholders
- Experience collaborating with CRM teams to create an audience strategy to drive acquisitions
- Strategic, commercial and pragmatic, with drive, enthusiasm and determination
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced, collaborative, media environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work confidently with internal and external teams
- Strong motivator and experienced in influencing business departments to deliver in partnership with them
- Demonstrable ability to manage and deliver projects successfully and to budget
- Excellent problem solver, offering the right balance of creativity and pragmatism, with the confidence to challenge assumptions and instigate positive change to achieve business goals
- Organised, professional and resilient
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, andinteresting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. Our organisation is on a continuous journey to achieve this sense of belonging, with focused inclusion policies, training, and internal networks. We believe it’s not only the right thing to do but that there’s a strong business case to support it. Because if you feel you belong, you’ll feel more comfortable, so you’ll be more likely to achieve your best.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, workingfamilies, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech. Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last twoyears to help support our employees. We’ve also signed theTech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.