Digital Production Journalist - Business
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Role purpose and overview
The Digital Business Production Journalist will be primarily responsible for editing and publishing digital content across the Telegraph's Business and Money sections.
This is a production role that ensures our written content across news, features, comment, analyses and newsletters is produced in a timely way and to the highest possible standards. It will include some weekends and the chance to work across the website, app and social channels.
- Ensure copy and all other elements are accurate, well presented and optimised for a digital audience.
- Write sharp, digital-friendly headlines. Make use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Source data to commission graphics, as well as illustrations.
- Liaise with the Digital Business Editor and Digital Production Editor to meet priorities.
- Generate creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Contribute to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
- May be asked to manage digital channels, including social media feeds.
- Experience of sub-editing stories on digital platforms quickly and accurately.
- Experience within business and/or personal finance publishing, at national, regional or trade level.
- Digital publishing skills, including knowledge of creating embeds such as polls, graphs etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and hard work are all essential.
- Able to respond well to pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of paywalls, social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to adapt to new ways of working, new techniques and streamlining of production processes.
- Ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines and the capacity to adapt quickly to situations.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and equal parental pay (six months fully paid for mothers and fathers), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.