Long-Term Content Planning Manager
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Role purpose and overview
The Telegraph is looking for a talented and dynamic individual to lead the long-term content branch of its SEO team.
Reporting to the Head of Editorial SEO, the successful candidate will not only be responsible for repurposing, monitoring and optimising existing content on the site, but also for event planning and content strategy.
- Maintaining a detailed calendar of lifestyle, culture, sport and news events
- Working closely with the Head of Editorial SEO to put together comprehensive content plans around key events and topics
- Corresponding with relevant desks and departments to ensure content is optimised and that content plans are perfectly executed
- Organising and leading forward planning meetings with relevant editorial desks
- Regular keyword research and competitor analysis, to ensure the Telegraph is at the forefront when it comes to trends and industry updates
- Managing an SEO Content Editor, who will be repurposing and updating existing content, as well as writing brand new event and evergreen content
- Bringing in new audiences by spotting opportunities and content gaps
- Assisting the Performance team with analysis
- Maintaining Google Showcase
- Highly organised and enthusiastic
- Proven experience in SEO
- A deep understanding of what constitutes as evergreen content
- Passion for lifestyle and news
- On-the-pulse with the latest developments, cultural shifts and product updates
- Experience in managing people and projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence when speaking to senior staff and key stakeholders
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience in editing copywriting for SEO value, tone of voice, grammar and spelling
- Prioritising workload to get the biggest results
- Experience using Excel, Google Sheets and Google Showcase is desirable
- Familiarity with tools such as Adobe Analytics, Pi and Google Search Console would also be advantageous
- A list of experts to draw upon to help bolster our longer-term content is also preferred
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.