Live SEO Executive
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Role purpose and overview
The Telegraph is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Live SEO Executive to help reinforce its digital strategy and assist the newsdesk with on-page optimisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for flagging daily trends and keywords, as well as optimising articles produced by the News, Foreign News, Business and Politics teams.
Working closely with the Head of Editorial SEO and the Deputy Head of Editorial SEO, this role is a crucial part of the day-to-day running of the newsroom and is a great opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in digital journalism or editorial SEO.
- Working with the Head of Editorial SEO and Deputy Head of Editorial SEO to maintain and improve the Telegraph’s authority in Google
- Monitoring and maintaining our rankings in Top Stories
- Provide headline and URL advice to the newsdesk
- Create topic tags and regularly optimise our key content hub pages
- Pitch content ideas to relevant desks, based on search queries, trends and demand
- Understanding of and passion for on-page SEO
- On-the-pulse with the latest industry trends and product updates
- Hunger for news and current affairs
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence when speaking to senior editors and stakeholders
- Experience working with Google Trends, Adobe Analytics and Chartbeat
- Experience working in editorial or a newsroom and/or a degree in journalism would be advantageous
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.