SEO Content Editor
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Role purpose and overview
The Telegraph is looking for a talented and enthusiastic SEO Content Editor to join its editorial SEO team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of Editorial SEO and Long-Term Content Planning Manager, creating original and engaging copy, as well as repurposing existing content on the site.
- Working with the Head of Editorial SEO and Long-Term Content Planning Manager to identify content opportunities with audience and engagement in mind
- Repurposing and optimising existing content on the site
- Writing original explainers and features for search purposes
- Staying up to date with the latest in lifestyle, culture and news
- Monitoring seasonal trends
- Helping the Long-Term Content Planning Manager maintain Google Showcase
- Strong writing skills
- Adaptable writing style to suit a range of topics - including news, culture and lifestyle
- Meticulous attention to detail and a firm grasp of grammar
- Understanding of SEO and how to write with search engines - and readers - in mind
- Ability to spot a trend before it really takes off
- Awareness of the news agenda and wider cultural context
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.