Associate Money Editor
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Role
Telegraph Media Group is looking to recruit an Associate Money Editor to join its personal finance team. The ideal candidate will have experience in national newsrooms or at senior level in a trade publication. We are looking for someone with a strong news sense and a solid understanding of personal finance and consumer news. They must be well-organised, accurate and brimming with ideas.
The role supports the Personal Finance Editor and Head of Personal Finance in overseeing the expanding team of reporters responsible for The Telegraph’s award-winning money coverage.
- have a deep understanding of all Money and Property topics
- quickly commission reactive news stories
- commission all types of features, comment and digital tools, plus newsletters with understanding of Telegraph audience
- have experience in digital publishing, SEO, headline-writing and producing evergreen content
- work quickly and efficiently, with an ability balance longer term pieces, big projects and quick turnaround stories
- edit both news and features tightly
- work with freelancers to commission features and identify new writers
- spot potential stories within raw data, on social media and reacting to news events
- work with reporters to get the best top lines and develop campaigns and investigations
- have experience of both print and online publishing, eg headlines, images, layouts
- understanding of how to present stories best both digitally and in print
- use audience analytics to inform and improve idea generation and presentation
The ideal candidate will be:
- an excellent writer and editor, able to craft sharp top lines, as well as numerate
- knowledgeable in all fields of personal finance
- skilled in digital publishing and able to write great headlines
- comfortable with the use of analytics
- news-aware and alive to the interests of our growing audience
- experienced in print production
- highly organised, energetic and enthusiastic
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.