Senior US SEO Editor
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Role purpose and overview
The Telegraph is looking for a talented and dynamic individual to lead its editorial Search Engine Optimisation effort focused on the US, working from our London newsroom.
The successful candidate will ensure content - whether written, video or otherwise - is performing at its best in search engines, while also helping to develop US-specific live and evergreen content strategies to reflect local audience interest trends.
The role is key to ensuring the Telegraph hits its audience and subscriptions targets in the US.
- Working with the Head of SEO to develop and lead the Telegraph’s editorial SEO strategy, with a focus on bringing more of the Telegraph’s journalism to more potential subscribers through search engines.
- Ensuring that newsdesks are informed as to the latest news trends on search engines in the US and maximising commissioning opportunities to make the most of those trends.
- Developing evergreen content strategies to drive traffic and subscriptions from search engines in the US.
- Supporting curation of existing Telegraph content across multiple editorial channels so that it can achieve its full potential in the US.
- Working with digital publishing teams are acting upon SEO advice specific to the US.
- Keeping up to date with changes in Google news and web search algorithms.
- Working with the technical SEO team to scope and prioritise technical changes that will benefit our efforts in the US.
- Using analytics to measure performance in real-time, daily, weekly and monthly, and responding to that by enacting any changes necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of SEO and how to use data to make informed publishing decisions
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the news agenda and current affairs
- Ability to respond well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Experience of managing people
- Confidence to approach desk editors with how they should be using SEO
- Skilled in use of tracking tools, Google Trends and Google Search Console
- Knowledge of technical SEO (desirable)
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.