Business Systems Integration Lead
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
For over 160 years, The Telegraph’s stories, dispatches, interviews, and investigations have set the agenda, sparked debate, and provided generations of readers with a trusted source of news, information, and opinion.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers, by 2023, a vision we all stand behind. We wouldn’t be one of the world's most successful media organisations without the talent, determination, and creative spirit of our people. As our readers’ needs evolve, it's more important than ever that we recruit original thinkers and innovative individuals who can keep us at the forefront of our industry. That means not only journalists but also marketers, analysts, designers, engineers, and much more.
We want to foster the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
About the role
The Business Systems Integration Lead role is an exciting role under the guidance of the Head of Business Systems, which will provide implementation and support expertise to all business systems at TMG (e.g. Finance, HR, Legal, Billing, Analytics). This includes the delivery of a two-year programme of transformation in this area, including the integration between the systems and the related reporting and analytics, as well as ongoing optimisations.
In this role, you’ll act as a core part of the Business Systems team liaising between business SMEs, technology SMEs and 3rd parties to design, deliver and support all integration with TMG’s Business systems.
You’ll provide thought leadership, balance business priorities and be well-placed to contribute to the overall transformation in this area.
It is a very exciting time to be joining this team as it provides the opportunity to make a real difference to the way the delivery and management of business systems at TMG takes shape.
- Overall responsibility for the integration architecture across all of TMG’s business systems
- Support of implementation initiatives included in the transformation program
- Investigate, advise and implement added functionality; either from new product enhancements or functionality requirements from users
- Drafting and agreeing functional specifications for new integrations
- Advise the business on functional best practices and process improvements through the use of well designed integrations and automation
- Monitor best practices to ensure adherence to procedures
- Advise the team on support best practices
- Provide system improvement suggestions to improve internal as well as business processes
- Control & resolution of user/system issues
- Ongoing maintenance of system documentation
- Lead and coordinate enhancements with various 3rd parties
- Demonstrable experience of owning whole or part of the integration landscape for business systems such as ERPs (Oracle, UNIT4, Workday) and HR Applications such as DayForce, Oracle
- Working knowledge of SQL, SOAP and REST API’s
- Working knowledge of Python and Postman to code interfaces
- Willingness and desire to solve business problems, ie “roll sleeves up and get stuck in”
- Able to draw and document process flows, data flows, sequence diagrams.
- Ability to devise functional specifications and test plans as well as conduct system performance and load tests
- Appropriate technical skills with the ability to lead technical testing as well as support user acceptance testing, building positive relationships with end users
- Ability to lead and manage 3rd party supplier resources to deliver new functionality
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify and prioritise system improvements, having strong interpersonal skills, for taking such business requirements and interpreting them technically.
- Extensive troubleshooting and communication skills, with the ability to work with functional teams to design extensions to the existing functionality
- High level of oral & written presentation skills
- Knowledge of UNIT4 ERP v7, specifically Purchasing, Fixed Assets, Payables, General Ledger
- Knowledge of HR Applications including DayForce.
- Experience of integrating with Concur expense management
- Thorough technical knowledge of implementing UNIT4 ERP with experience of multiple full lifecycle implementations
- Hands-on experience of UNIT4 ERP Systems Administration
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.