Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
For over 160 years, The Telegraph’s stories, dispatches, interviews, and investigations have set the agenda, sparked debate, and provided generations of readers with a trusted source of news, information, and opinion.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers, by 2023, a vision we all stand behind. We wouldn’t be one of the world's most successful media organisations without the talent, determination, and creative spirit of our people. As our readers’ needs evolve, it's more important than ever that we recruit original thinkers and innovative individuals who can keep us at the forefront of our industry. That means not only journalists but also marketers, analysts, designers, engineers, and much more.
We want to foster the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
About the Role
We have a brilliant new opportunity for a Coordinator to work with our high-performing in-house Talent Acquisition team here at Telegraph Media Group. This is a fast-paced team working on a broad range of roles across the organisation, from our world famous newsroom to our innovative technical teams. This role will also support our Engagement and Wellbeing programmes with the opportunity to get involved with a number of exciting projects.
- Engage with the Talent Acquisition Specialists to understand their needs, working with them to create a weekly support plan which will likely include:
- Managing the advertising of roles across a diverse range of platforms, including the ATS (Workable), job boards and social media
- On selected roles, manage the application shortlisting process, reviewing applications and putting together quality long-lists
- Sending communications to candidates via the ATS, including interview feedback
- Working with the Talent Acquisition Specialists and hiring managers to arrange interviews both in person and virtual
- Support and day to day management of all health & wellbeing programmes and activities including financial one to ones, studio timetables and bookings, flu vaccinations and therapists
- Promoting and communicating wellbeing services and benefits and exploring ways to increase engagement including owning the People Newsletter
- Proactively sourcing candidates using a broad range of channels and techniques (you will have a LinkedIn Recruiter license, access to our ATS database and search functionality)
- You'll handle initial outreach to candidates, sending over the relevant job details before introducing them to the relevant Talent Acquisition Specialist in the team
- Support our enhanced referral scheme ensuring that all referrals are registered correctly and rewards are processed promptly
- Work with the wider Talent team to understand our manager and candidate experience of our recruitment process
- A Recruitment Administrator ready for a new challenge and to take the next step in their career
- A can do attitude with a solution oriented approach
- Prior experience of using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Knowledge of resourcing methodologies, and experience in proactive sourcing
- Experience sourcing within technology, data or digital marketing roles would be useful
- Any experience within the media sector is a bonus
- A credible and considered communicator, who places high value on excellent candidate experience
- You’ll be proactive and super organised, capable of managing your time and communicating your capacity where needed
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.