Accounts Payable & Expenses Executive
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 160 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers. We’ll achieve this with a constant focus on our journalism, and by using the data and understanding we have of The Telegraph’s audience to successfully grow our revenue streams from subscriptions to advertising, travel, events, and financial services.
We want to capture the diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments that allow everyone to be their authentic selves at work while creating a sense of belonging to ensure we have the highest performing teams.
About the Role
As an Accounts Payable & Expenses exec you will assist the Finance and Accounting department with payment and tracking of bills and reconciling discrepancies. This is an exciting and challenging fast paced role.
● Resolving supplier invoice queries from internal and external stakeholders
● Receive and record invoices from suppliers
● Obtain receipts or other verification when accounts were paid
● Process the invoices and attach that information to the relative project or department for job
costing and financial statement purposes
● Reconciling Supplier Statements
● Make sure invoices are approved in time to meet established payment cycle
● Remit payments on invoices as directed by Accounts Payable Management
● Work in accordance with the payment process outlined by the Accounts Payable manager
● Knowledge of accounts payable principles
● Ability to comprehend and manage financial record
● Basic knowledge of VAT
● Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail
● Talent for numerical coding
● Enough understanding of accounting concepts to properly code expenses and invoices
● Proficiency with accounting software ideally Agresso
● Intermediate Spreadsheet Skills
● Good communication skills are vital to ensure effective communication within the department
and with the wider business.
● Must be able to challenge/review at all levels
● Ability to develop an overview of the business and understand key drivers
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
We want you to feel you belong here and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
We have a number of internal networks that are totally inclusive and open for anyone to join. These include internal inclusion networks covering employees from ethnic minority backgrounds, working families, LGBTQ+, disabilities and long-term conditions, gender, wellbeing, and women in tech.
Your wellbeing is paramount, so we have trained over 100 Mental Health First Aiders in the last two years to help support our employees. We’ve also signed the Tech Talent Charter, and are committed to driving greater inclusion and diversity in tech.