Digital Production Journalist (Business, Money & Tech)
Telegraph Media Group
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About The Role
Primarily responsible for editing and publishing digital content across the Telegraph's Business, Money and Tech output. This production role ensures our written content - across news, features, comment, analysis and newsletters - is produced in a timely way to the highest possible standards. It will include uploading breaking news from the wires, and the chance to work across the website and social channels.
- Ensuring copy is accurate, well presented and optimised for a digital audience.
- Writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines. Make use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Sourcing data to commission graphics, as well as illustrations.
- May be asked to manage digital channels including social media feeds.
- Liaise with the Digital Business Editor and Social/Community Editor to ensure priorities are met.
- Generating creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Contributing to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, trade or national level within business and/or personal finance.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating embeds such as info boxes, polls, number graphics, etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are all essential.
- Quick, accurate subbing.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgement.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance, and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Telegraph Media Group, we foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds. We believe in equality of opportunity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic background, religion and/or belief.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer as part of the government’s Disability Confident Scheme. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition and would like support in applying for any of our roles or if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
To find out more about Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging at Telegraph Media Group, and for more information on our purpose, beliefs, and people values, please visit our website.