Consultant Graduate Experience Designer
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
Thoughtworks is a pioneer in integrating experience design with agile software delivery. Our designers work on multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the discipline needed to get high-quality working software into the hands of our clients and customers. Designers at Thoughtworks creatively solve the right problems. We work collaboratively to deliver bespoke software and take on the most challenging problems our clients have.
Our entry-level consultants jumpstart their careers with the First Year Graduate Experience: our year-long program that starts with Thoughtworks University, an immersive three-week training, plus monthly sessions dedicated to specific topics. And it's important to call out that we consider tech talent from all walks of life. Whether you're a Computer Science major with less than one year of professional experience, a coding boot camp graduate or a career changer who is working toward becoming a software developer, you have the opportunity to grow in our community of passionate technologists.
- You will play an active role in the delivery and design of technology projects that transform how our clients work while developing new digital products and services
- Collaborate with small, cross-functional teams to create a wide range of experience design deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, prototypes, and design systems
- Set up inspiring design hypotheses for delivery teams that consist of both Thoughtworkers and our customers
- Ensure that project scope, risks and updates are regularly assessed and communicated
- Balance client and Thoughtworker expectations by clearly communicating experience design deliverables
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a designer
- You're well versed in all things experience design with an additional interest in at least three additional areas such as user research, service design, digital product design, interface design, visual design or other design-related disciplines
- You're comfortable running research activities on experience design projects, employing different methods such as contextual inquiry, moderated interviews, experiments, user testing, etc.
- You have a keen interest in product design and facilitating client brainstorms and internal sessions with your team
- You are familiar with various research methods such as context analysis, moderated interviews, experiments and user tests in order to clearly present your methods to your client and teammates
- You're happy to design solo or collaborate with designers/developers to create a wide range of experience design deliverables
- A knack for communicating and defining project roles to your design teammates
- A passion for contributing to the growing experience design community at Thoughtworks through peer reviews, expanding design teams' understanding of group dynamics and ensuring consistency in the quality of design
We would love it if you share a portfolio link that showcases your expertise in Digital products - Web and Mobile. Enterprise / SaaS Experience in your field is essential.
Please note, we're currently recruiting for new joiners to start in August 2022.
Other things to know
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.