Bilingual In-House UK/EU focused Lawyer/Legal Counsel
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to be an important part of our dynamic in-house legal department in the UK and key support of our other European businesses as well as a part of our extended global legal team with colleagues in Germany, Spain, USA, Australia, China, India, Chile, Singapore, Thailand and Brazil?
Do you want to work in an informal environment that values people over process?
We are looking for a self-motivated lawyer who brings a pragmatic, business partner approach to legal advice. You will be responsible for supporting our client demand teams based in the UK and other European markets as you draft, review, and negotiate client agreements for our services. Your ability to prioritise demands and skilfully handle a busy workload of client agreements is essential.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts
- Provide legal guidance to senior management/employees
- Handle confidential matters on a regular basis requiring discretion and judgment
- Provide legal assistance to Thoughtworks Europe regions
- Be admitted to practice law in England and Wales with 3-5 years PQE
- Experience supporting business units based in other European locations strongly preferred. Qualification in another European jurisdiction is beneficial but not essential
- An extensive transactional experience with an in-house legal department of a professional services or technology firm negotiating commercial agreements with clients
- Some exposure to, and interest in developing expertise in data protection issues (beneficial)
- Have some experience supporting employment law matters in the UK (beneficial)
- Have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Possess fluency in speaking, writing and editing legal documents in English, and also ideally in German or Dutch (preferred) or French, Italian, Romanian or Spanish (beneficial)
- Exhibit solid analytical and business judgment skills
- Have an ability to: work well with others, prioritise, manage time and deadline driven workload and work well under pressure, work independently and make sound decisions, manage complex assignments, and handle confidential matters
- Service oriented - proactive in anticipating the needs of Thoughtworkers and a committed to delivering highly responsive service
- Ambiguity - undeterred by ambiguity, uncertainty and limited resources. Able to hold many different possibilities and conflicting viewpoints in mind and devise a solution. Envisions what is possible, and then implements a solution
- Communication - proactive communicator. Can easily build credibility and trust across a wide range of people
- Resilient - personal and professional resilience. Can accept mistakes and handle conflict
- Team Work - intuitively collaborative and able to work with all kinds of people. Leads by example. Willing to step in and do what is needed as necessary. Low ego
- Sense of Urgency and Ownership - has a strong desire to be proactive and innovative, and a commitment to owning challenging issues and solving them
Other things to know
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.