Job Type: Full time
Professional Membership Officer
Location: Abington, Cambridge
Contract: Permanent – Hybrid working model with the expectation of at least 1-2 weekly days in the office
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive rate
Description of role:
We are now seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Membership Officer to be the focal point for existing and potential new members as well as actively supporting the Institute’s progress and growth. You will be responsible for recruitment of new members, the membership application process (including registration with Engineering Council) and you will work with the membership manager to secure growth, compliance and continuous improvement.
On a daily basis, you will be communicating with the wide ranging membership base as well as seeking potential new members via different channels and initiatives. You will:
- Be the first point of contact for members and non-members by both telephone and email and follow new enquiries from the initial contact through to completed application.
- Learn the requirements and processes for membership, Engineering Council registration and update the Institution’s database.
- Conduct on-going market research via surveys and other means to find out what members value.
- With the team, develop materials that provide a consistent message on the benefits of membership and monitor and record the results of membership recruitment campaigns.
- Develop and maintain senior level contacts with the key employers, training providers, universities and other stake holders through visits, discussions with individuals and groups, and presentations and turn contacts into new members
- Develop and maintain contacts with the Institution Branches, supporting and developing their work in recruiting new members.
- Represent the Institution at jointly run events to present and recruit new members and increase awareness, developing contacts with other related Institutions and Societies.
- Present the benefits of professional institution membership to individuals and their employers.
- With the team manager/manager develop promotional activities to increase member numbers.
Success in your application requires:
- A degree or equivalent qualification;
- Experience in a customer facing role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- The ability to work with established procedures;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of business financial administration;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with website tools.
The following would be highly desirable:
- Experience in member services and a membership management CRM system;
- Good understanding of the role and functions of an international professional member based organisation;
- Sales experience;
- Experience in delivering presentations to various audiences
- Project management abilities.
This position may require occasion travel within in the UK.
The Welding Institute (TWI) is a leading professional membership body based in Abington, Cambridge
We offer opportunities to collaborate with inspiring and expert teams and a supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to share your ideas and continually develop your own skills and knowledge.
If you are looking to join an organisation that is fuelled by innovation, teamwork, and openness, this role could be for you.
TWI Ltd is committed to treating all employees fairly and to being an inclusive employer. Our aim is to create a work environment where our employees can reach their full potential. We put Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of our people practices to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
We recognise that it’s the differences of our people that gives us our competitive edge and enables us to maintain our world leading reputation. This is why we are committed to ensuring there is diversity across every level of our organisation; representative of the Members and societies we serve. We have made Inclusion our number one corporate value to demonstrate our commitment to ensure it is at the core of everything we do at TWI.
Why work for TWI?
We offer a competitive salary, share-in-success bonus scheme, generous pension scheme (both employee contribution (flexible amount) and TWI contribution (up to 10% of salary), holiday (25 days + 8 bank holiday’s), private health and dental cover, career development and training, onsite employee restaurant, onsite gym, day nursery available for companies on Granta Park (Cambridge) site (subject to availability), onsite parking and more.
We know that balancing work and personal life can at times be challenging. This is why are currently working with a hybrid model with an expectation of 1-2 weekly days in the office, flexible working, enhanced maternity pay and paid parental leave.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Reference number: 155/22
For further details, please click on the Job Description link below: