Job Type: Full time
Contract: Fixed term
Hours: Zero hours Casual
Description of role:
TWI is seeking an individual to support the Hospitality Section, providing excellent customer service in all outlets, including the restaurant, kitchen, coffee shop, internal meeting rooms and corporate hospitality. Duties will include serving guests, cleaning duties and light food preparation
TWI Ltd is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
This role supports TWI in the provision of catering and hospitality services at its Cambridge site.
TWI Ltd is committed to treating all employees fairly and to being an inclusive employer. Our aim is to create a work environment where our employees can reach their full potential. We put Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of our people practices to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Core values
- To promote TWI’s core values through personal behaviour and by challenging inappropriate behaviour in others
- Maintain a positive and enthusiastic approach and outlook
- Be an ambassador of the company
- Reports to:
- Hospitality Manager, Head chef, Sous chef, Hospitality administrator
- Key accountabilities
- To undertake duties as set by the management
- To actively be an integral part of the team
- To operate and participate in the efficient smooth running of all front of house areas
- Ensure our sustainable policies are followed and be conscious of our environmental input
- To serve food in the most appropriate way as detailed by the management.
- To always wear the full correct uniform in a clean and tidy fashion
- To liaise and communicate with the Head chef to enable efficient running of hospitality service
- To ensure that all statutory & regulatory requirements and that all health, hygiene and safety standards are adhered too
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable site rules, regulations & legislation (COSHH, GDPR, Health & safety)
- To ensure the hospitality and storage areas are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and orderliness
- To ensure correct stock rotation and food storage procedures
- Where required to take temperatures of food or equipment and record
- Ensure allergen information is communicated effectively and that correct procedure is followed
- To complete allocated cleaning duties to the required standard using the correct chemicals. Ensure all hygiene and cleaning procedures are adhered and that cleaning schedules are completed and signed
- To immediately report any customer complaints and take some remedial action if possible
Closing Date: 12 December 2022
Reference number: 63/22
For further details, please click on the Job Description. To apply, please click on the link below.
As one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, we are committed to attracting, motivating and retaining the best talent from around the world. Our goal is to develop the next generation of experts to address future industry challenges.
We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and respects the differences between people while valuing the contribution everyone makes to TWI.
We recognise the diversity of our staff and students makes a positive and important contribution to our continuing success.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support staff development.
Building effective working relationships, we accomplish more together
Innovation and Expertise
Championing new ideas and sharing knowledge with each other
Achieving our objectives and personal development
Building trusting relationships with our customers
Accepting and engaging positively with change
Valuing the contribution from every individual, creating value for our customers