General Site Maintenance Operative
Job Type: Full time
General Site Maintenance Operative
OFM – Facilities
Hours: Full time/ Part time will be considered
Salary: Competitive rate
Description of role:
TWI are seeking a self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail to be responsible for the general site landscaping and maintenance of our extensive grounds at Granta Park. This is a varied role and will require the right candidate to assist the in-house facilities team as required. The role will involve but not be exhaustive to:
- Lawn cutting, raking leaves and general grounds maintenance.
- Tending to and creating flower beds and borders.
- Litter picking and general site tidiness.
- Assisting with car parking and site logistics.
- Footpath and walkway inspections. Completing repairs as required.
- Gutter inspection and maintenance.
- Working and assisting in-house facilities team with planned and reactive maintenance.
- Completing weekly pre-planned maintenance tasks as required
- Be available for seasonal out of hours working and work as part of the duty on-call team.
This position may require occasional travel in the UK.
TWI Ltd is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies with significant property assets. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
We offer opportunities to collaborate with inspiring and expert teams and a supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to share your ideas and continually develop your own skills and knowledge.
If you are looking to join an organisation that is fuelled by innovation, teamwork, and openness, this role could be for you.
TWI Ltd is committed to treating all employees fairly and to being an inclusive employer. Our aim is to create a work environment where our employees can reach their full potential. We put Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of our people practices to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
We recognise that it’s the differences of our people that gives us our competitive edge and enables us to maintain our world leading reputation. This is why we are committed to ensuring there is diversity across every level of our organisation; representative of the Members and societies we serve. We have made Inclusion our number one corporate value to demonstrate our commitment to ensure it is at the core of everything we do at TWI.
Why work for TWI?
We offer a competitive salary, share-in-success bonus scheme, generous pension scheme (both employee contribution (flexible amount) and TWI contribution (up to 10% of salary), holiday (25 days + 8 bank holiday’s), private health and dental cover, career development and training, onsite employee restaurant, onsite gym, day nursery available for companies on Granta Park (Cambridge) site (subject to availability), onsite parking and more.
We know that balancing work and personal life can at times be challenging. This is why we continue to review and implement family friendly policies including hybrid working, flexible working, enhanced maternity pay and paid parental leave.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022
Reference number: 191/22
For further details, please click on the Job Description link below:
As one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, we are committed to attracting, motivating and retaining the best talent from around the world. Our goal is to develop the next generation of experts to address future industry challenges.
We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and respects the differences between people while valuing the contribution everyone makes to TWI. The diversity of our staff and students makes a positive and important contribution to our continuing success.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support staff development.
Our six values provide a point of reference for the way we expect our people to operate and behave.
- Inclusion: Valuing the contribution from every individual, creating value for our customers
- Teamwork: Building effective working relationships, we accomplish more together
- Adaptability: Engaging positively with change to meet the needs of the business
- Taking Responsibility: Achieving our objectives and personal development
- Innovation & Expertise: Championing new ideas and sharing knowledge to solve industry problems
- Customer Focus: Building trusting relationships with our customers