Group Reporting Finance Manager
Job Type: Full time
Group Reporting Manager
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive rate
Description of role:
As the Group Reporting Manager, you will contribute to efforts to improve and enhance our internal and external reporting, this is a key value add role to the organisation with a high level of visibility within the organisation operating at a senior level. Your contribution to our international group is as follows;
- Leading the Group reporting on a monthly basis in preparation of reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Leading and managing the Group audits and supporting internal departments in their external reporting requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring of various team members both locally and internationally, to create a stronger and more robust control environment focused on good corporate governance. Supporting the cross-functional development of a high-performing finance team
- Building relationships with senior internal stakeholders, and supervisory bodies, such as the CEO, FD, and executive directors
- The role reports into the financial director, and will be supported by a class leading senior finance team, based in the UK operating internationally
- Liaise with external financial auditors, co-ordinate audit requests across the team & assist with preparing audit and accounting papers
- Prepare the group consolidated accounts and related entity statutory accounts
- Help draft and shape accounting policies, with recommendations and improvements as required due to accounting standard changes or updates.
- Provide technical accounting advice on key transactions or changes in accounting standards.
- Assist with tax queries from external tax advisors to finalise yearly corporation tax returns
- Review UK VAT submissions on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for the month-end process ensuring all tasks are completed by the team within the timetable, and preparation of the reporting papers required for monthly group reporting
- Ownership of the accounting system and integrity of data within the system, performed through detailed review of control reports
- Supporting for the cash flow management of the group and ensuring accurate reporting and recommendations for effective treasury management, working with the Financial Controller to ensure efficient cash management.
- Supporting the development of an internal audit function within the Group and creating a culture of ownership and good corporate governance
- Guide and help with developing the management accountant’s skillset & knowledge base
- Assist with year-end audit & any ad-hoc tasks / analysis & project work
- Drive process improvements within the finance team
Skills and Experience
- Professional qualification in accountancy (ACA preferable)
- Preferably has a Top 10 accounting firm background
- Minimum 4 years' post qualified experience
- Technically strong financial accountant
- Demonstrable understanding of FRS102
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Team management of part qualified and qualified accountants
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is desirable
- Prior experience in a management accountant team, actively preparing schedules and journals for month end
- Highly motivated and pro-active self-starter who has demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Friendly professional manner, comfortable communicating with peers, other departments and external stakeholders
- Inquisitive nature, keen problem solver
- Clear leadership experience with evidence of managing and growing high performing teams.
This position may require regular travel both in the UK and abroad.
TWI Ltd is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies with significant property assets. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
We offer opportunities to collaborate with inspiring and expert teams and a supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to share your ideas and continually develop your own skills and knowledge.
If you are looking to join an organisation that is fuelled by innovation, teamwork, and openness, this role could be for you.
TWI Ltd is committed to treating all employees fairly and to being an inclusive employer. Our aim is to create a work environment where our employees can reach their full potential. We put Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of our people practices to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
We recognise that it’s the differences of our people that gives us our competitive edge and enables us to maintain our world leading reputation. This is why we are committed to ensuring there is diversity across every level of our organisation; representative of the Members and societies we serve. We have made Inclusion our number one corporate value to demonstrate our commitment to ensure it is at the core of everything we do at TWI.
Why work for TWI?
We offer a competitive salary, share-in-success bonus scheme, generous pension scheme (both employee contribution (flexible amount) and TWI contribution (up to 10% of salary), holiday (25 days + 8 bank holiday’s), private health and dental cover, career development and training, onsite employee restaurant, onsite gym, day nursery available for companies on Granta Park (Cambridge) site (subject to availability), onsite parking and more.
We know that balancing work and personal life can at times be challenging. This is why we continue to review and implement family friendly policies including hybrid working, flexible working, enhanced maternity pay and paid parental leave.
Closing Date: 27 February 2023
Reference number: 25/23