Team Leader, Quality & Compliance
Utility Warehouse Limited
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Hours: 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
This role is available for Hybrid working, expectations of 2 days working in our office in Colindale, North London
Hello, we're UW
We’re a bunch of great people working together, solving problems and having fun. Together, we strive to find solutions to help the great people around us get on with the things that really matter in life.
How? It’s simple, we take the headache out of essential home services by providing them all in one place – energy, broadband, mobile, and even insurance. That’s one provider, one account, one bill, and lots of savings.
We’re a truly unique FTSE 250 company with a business model that has real social impact at the heart of it. Being a part of the UW community you’ll join a working environment like no other - one where everyone matters - be it our customers, our partners or you, our people.
About the role
As a Quality & Compliance (Q&C) Team Leader you will be part of a dynamic department providing a key support function in Utility Warehouse (UW).
You will be responsible for driving performance through engagement, motivation and ensuring a sense of belonging for every member of the team.
You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across the team and wider business, providing actionable insight by considering accuracy, customer service performance and adherence to regulatory standards against UW vision, policies and procedures.
You will help to instil our Quality & Compliance vision of:
- Being ambassadors of quality and governance by promoting responsibility, integrity and efficiency within the contact centres.
- Delivering impactful insights that highlight areas of business need, risk and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintaining a supportive presence through being open, approachable, and celebrating excellent customer service.
Your responsibility in this role is to lead a team of Quality & Compliance Analysts.
Core Team Leader responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Quality & Compliance analysts to ensure department objectives are achieved within agreed timescales and meet a defined standard, offering operational support where required
- Team engagement and success, considering performance and length of service. Setting clear and defined expectations through monthly 1-1s & coaching to support team development
- Maintain working knowledge of our regulatory obligations, business processes, and department adjustments to ensure appropriate and required monitoring is fulfilled by team members
- Provide accurate, clear and concise feedback to individuals, teams and departments as necessary, noting trends and solutions
- Complete 2LoD monitoring and analysis on work completed by the team
- Host department calibration sessions to ensure understanding and consistency
- Support the team to produce meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations to highlight areas of business need, risk and opportunities for improvement being an advocate for change
General Team Leader responsibilities:
- Support leadership with initiatives to support achieving business priorities
- Support with creating and delivering reporting and Insights to Stakeholders
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders, representing the Q&C team to offer support, guidance and vision within the operational team
- Take ownership of personal development, working with management and wider business for personal and team success
- Be agile to support any other activities as assigned within scope of the role
- Experience leading a team to deliver strong results
- Experience working within a regulated environment with a good understanding of risk
- Experience working within a framework of governance and control
- Would be advantageous if you have experience within quality assurance supporting a contact centre or working in the energy or telco industry
- Decision making and assessing skills: With a focus on working within process parameters and regulatory boundaries
- The ability to drive results through others, and good influencing / persuasion skills
- Excellent listening, comprehension and analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write and present reports
- Proficient working experience with Microsoft or Google Packages (slides, sheets, documents)
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression.
- 33 days holiday (pro-rata), including bank holidays (Bank holidays open 10am to 4pm)
- General Life Insurance up to 4 x your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted healthcare and medical cash plans
- Pension scheme
- Share options and Save As You Earn Scheme
- Co-wide end of year bonus
- Discounts on UW products & services
- Free virtual fitness classes
- Free virtual GP service
- Full remote IT support
Apply here !
If you think this is the role for you and want to be part of UW’s extraordinary growth, apply now.
We provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Please note, if you are applying for a role which involves having access to personal data, you will be subject to a background check. Where checks are unsatisfactory or incomplete and/or a failure to reveal information relating to convictions that you are required to identify as part of the background checks, could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.