Service Desk Technician
Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
24/7 Rotational Shift - Monday to Sunday
The Service Desk Analyst is the first point of contact for our customers, and should therefore have a friendly presence and helpful attitude.
Analysts are expected to restore normal IT Service operations within agreed service levels and business priorities, whilst minimising any adverse impact on business operations for both Vaultex UK and its stakeholders.
Management of contacts to the service desk should be done to ensure that all pertinent information is captured, while at the same time ensuring that resolutions or escalations of both incidents and requests are done in a timely fashion.
- Accept all incidents reported by the business and provide technical resolutions for network, email infrastructure, desktop, Intranet, Internet, server, and a variety of internal bespoke applications.
- Provide effective technical support to provide a seamless experience and rapid and effective first time resolution for the customer.
- Record all calls on the IT Service Management application and respond professionally and efficiently to all incoming calls to the IT Service Desk, ensuring that Call-Handling targets are met, following established support processes at all times.
- Timely response to monitoring alerts ensuring the relevant remedial action is followed as required.
- Identification and capture of knowledge that can then be shared with the relevant audiences to assist prevention of recurring service outages, with continued management of knowledge articles.
- To route cases to other support teams where necessary. To update the ITSM toolset, and to pro-actively communicate with the relevant stakeholders the status of resolution.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- 2 years of experience within a Service Desk and being able to react quickly, logically, effectively under pressure.
- Certified ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Preferably MCP and CCNA certified
- Strong Interpersonal ability
- Problem Solving & Analytical ability
- Customer Service experience
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex – About Us & Benefits.
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!