Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate
Location: Fremont, California
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Focus on the development and validation of qualified antibodies for IVD immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications under FDA and MDSAP/ISO13485 (2016) quality standards.
- Test and validate IHC products lines for IVD market under design control guidelines
- Perform FFPE tissue sectioning and maintain tissue inventory.
- Work with scientists, as required to provide support for internal work and customer project.
- Support the quality control of IVD products (tissue slide preparation, testing, QA documentation), operating in a cross-matrixed team, focussed on delivering on-time manufacture of products to exceed customer and quality needs
- Assist in goal setting and monitoring of progress
- Communicate detailed information both verbally and in technical reports and laboratory notebooks
- Role model a safe working environment, adhering to Abcam’s SOP, H & S standards and Operational Excellence policies
- A BS Degree in biochemistry, pathology, cell and molecular biology, immunology or other Life Sciences.
- 0-3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in IHC, western blots, ELISA or other immunoassays, together with general knowledge of biological sciences.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working experience in an industry setting is advantageous
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.