Senior Research Associate - Assay Development
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Can you thrive in a growing business? Do you want to be part of growing our product portfolio that strives to help life scientists across the globe? Can you grow your career with us? If the answer to these questions is yes, read on!
As a Senior Research Associate (or possibly Associate Scientist/Scientist 1) in our Waltham site, you will be working to develop biological functional assays for high quality recombinant proteins for development as standalone products at Abcam. The goal of this product line is to deliver outstanding products to our customers and help Abcam achieve our aim of being the most influential company in life sciences.
- Support assay development using standard cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Develop and implement experiments for the cell based assays to support mechanism of action studies.
- Perform tissue culture as required for cell line maintenance.
- Communicate clearly with team members within the Protein Sciences Group, providing delivery dates and the necessary documentation as well as clearly presented data to support ongoing and completed work.
- Document experiments and procedures in laboratory notebooks, analyzing and presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting and implementation of standard operating procedures (SOPs).
You will have a Master’s degree plus a year of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience, in bioengineering, biochemistry or biology or related subject. You have some experience in industry, thriving in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication and organizational skills. You must have cell culture experience, and are happy to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision. You have a strong working knowledge of at least one cell-based assay such as proliferation, ELISA/functional ELISA (binding assays), reporter cell-based assays, or chemotaxis with different readouts (Luminescence, fluorescence, and absorbance).
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- Free fruit and snacks in our new purpose built offices
- Free hot and cold drinks
- Free gym access
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.