Account Manager, Leading Academics, Mid Atlantic
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the role
The Account Manager will be responsible for the generation of new business in key academic organizations in the Mid Atlantic territory, including NIH.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities at leading academic accounts in the Region. In order to deliver on revenue expectations, the Account Manager will need to build relationships with key users at named accounts and nurture large opportunities through a pipeline. They will proactively make outbound calls, schedule customer visits in their assigned territory and nurture leads from marketing through to opportunities.
The Account Manger will develop relationships with KOLs at their accounts in conjunction with Research Area colleagues to further our scientific relationship. The Account Manager will also develop relationships with core labs with the aim of becoming reference sites for platform partners. The Account Manger will promote innovative product lines at key labs to develop publications early in the product life cycle. In addition, the Account Manager will have a solid relationship with Procurement at their accounts to drive or maintain eProcurement facilitating order and invoice management along with leading business reviews.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop KOLs and seek out platform partners for Abcam assay inclusion
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in named accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory.
- Develop an account plan for high potential accounts in your territory that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organization.
- Qualify and nurture leads from marketing
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Continually provide market feedback to the organization around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts
- Travel for face-to-face meetings with customers and attendance at roadshows and conferences up to 50%.
- There may be one or two international trips for sales meetings or intercompany meetings
This role is ideal for someone with a good understanding of proteomics and a successful track record in Sales at accounts in the territory.
- BSc in a life science discipline
- Strong experience selling into life science market
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level and decision-making level
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work across a multi-site team
- Professional, confident, credible and an enthusiastic team player able to work effectively
- Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 50%. This will include face to face meetings with customers, attendance at conferences, and travelling to sales meetings.
- Many opportunities exist for development within the commercial organisation including Strategic Account Manager
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- A good understanding of drug discovery and the technologies employed
- History of stablished relationship with KOLs in territory accounts
- Solution Selling Sales Training
- Ability to sell complex products and workflows
- Strategic thinker that can quickly deduce best value add for Abcam
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.